Pia & Tato's Religious Ceremony & Reception | Lima, Peru

November 9, 2013:

Pia and Tato's big day finally arrives, and I meet up with the bride and her mother in an insanely gorgeous suite at the Park Plaza Hotel in Miraflores around 5:30 P.M.








The moments leading up to the ceremony are the most adrenaline-filled. I love that palpable tension and suspense!


Arriving at my favorite church in Lima - Parroquia San Francisco de Asís in Barranco. This is where my aunt Maricarmen was married some 30 years ago and where my late grandmother would visit regularly. So much sentiment and beauty attached to this church for me.


The groom and his mother make their grand entrance.




Having their grandmothers there was such a blessing.



A little behind the scenes view...





Arriving to their reception/ photo session area by golf cart! so cute




Moment of truth: Did their Waltz dance lessons really pay off?


I'm no Waltz expert, but whatever they were doing -- they looked great out there.





           
Janice (my second shooter) and I were in awe of all the beautiful details and the floral arrangements at this reception. One of the most impressive we've seen to date. 





You'll see how these little figures really do resemble the couple at their Hora Loca...




"TeKillya" Time!




Superheroe- (and villain-) themed Hora Loca!



The party raged on well into the wee hours of the morning and I threw in the towel around 4 A.M.

It was such a pleasure documenting all the steps along the way for these two -- engagement, shower, civil ceremony and then this long, beautiful day to round out their wedding story. The first chapter in many more to come. 

Many thanks for the opportunity and for having such wonderful families that treated us with the utmost warmth and hospitality. I hope I get to work with you all again soon! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts